In partnership with BreastfeedLA, through funding by The California Commission on the Status of Women & Girls, we are announcing eight (8) CAIFORNIA residents to take The B.L.A.C.K Course 45-hours training in 2022. This funding targets people who are entering the lactation and birth work field and who are in need of lactation specific educational hours that qualify towards IBCLE requirements. Once completed, students will be certified as a Certified Blactation Educator (CBE) or Certified Blactation Accomplice (CBA).
BreastfeedLA has been a strong supporter and advocate for The B.L.A.C.K. Course since our birth. We are thankful for the strategic planning and consideration that BreastfeedLA has shown in providing this funding through The California Commission on the Status of Women & Girls for our students and course.
For those who are in need of their remaining IBCLE required educational hours, consider BreastfeedLA's advance training after taking The B.L.A.C.K. Course.
This scholarship provides for eight (8) individual recipients to attend a full five (5) day cohort in 2022. Each scholarship award will cover the full $750 course fees.
If a selected recipient is not able to attend the full cohort, notification to BreastfeedLA and The B.L.A.C.K. Course must be provided two (2) weeks prior to the start date of the cohort. Recipients unable to commit to the full cohort will no longer qualify for the scholarship and another applicant will be selected.
This scholarship may be applied to any remaining 2022 cohort, currently scheduled to occur in June, October, and November of 2022.
If you have previously applied for a scholarship through The B.L.A.C.K. Course and were not selected, you are welcomed to submit an application for this scholarship if you are a California resident.
If you are currently registered or have received a partial scholarship for any of the 2022 cohorts, you will not be considered for this scholarship.
1. Applications are due no later than 30 days* prior to the start of the selected cohort.
2022 cohorts and deadlines are:
2. All applications must agree to submit one (1) photo and one (1) written quote
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified two (2) weeks prior to the close of registration
4. Applications will close a month prior to the start of the cohort. *Exception: June 2022 Cohort, we will accept application through June 8th and applicants will be notified the week registration closes
5. Should you have any questions or encounter difficulties with the application or submission process, please contact The B.L.A.C.K. Course at email@example.com.